Start a new topic

MySQL Load with client open

We have a computer with 2x 16 Port cards (BC-16480A) and 1x Megapixel IP camera.

CPU: Athlon X2 BE-2350

2GB RAM

Since the last server update whenever any of the Bluecherry client PC's is connected to the server, MySQL load spikes to 100% on both processor cores every 30 seconds for about 2-3 seconds. This has the result of causing all of the open cameras to go back to "Connecting" and some of the cameras have a red "Error" on screen. When this happens, our IP cameras' recorded video smears from about the top 1/3 of the picture all the way to the bottom.

I've tried client 2.0.0, 2.1.0 and 2.1.1 clients. It doesn't matter if I am viewing any of the cameras live or not (I've tried this with all cameras closed). I've tried the Ubuntu 64-bit client as well as the Windows client (32-bit).

I've tried running mysqltuner several times and adjusted up several settings per its recommendation. The BC server process seems to be using a considerable amount of temporary tables (Sorts requiring temporary tables: 594%).

Any ideas? Maybe rolling back to a previous server version? I didn't notice this before the update, but I wasn't looking very closely either.

Login or Signup to post a comment