Start a new topic

gstreamer: Error: Could not determine type of stream.

Hi,

I have two identical installations that are not behaving identically.

Both servers are running the BC-04120A-V2 capture card and VC-CA-DIRR-160 cameras, all purchased from Bluecherry.

I installed both systems following the provided instructions. LiveView works fine in both installations over HTTPS and in the Bluecherry Client on Windows and OS X.

The difference comes when attempting to view a recorded motion detection event from within the Bluecherry client. One system works fine, but the other downloads the file from the server, then won't play it back, showing only a black screen. Saving this file for local playback works only in mplayer. VLC will give an error upon playback attempt that "VLC does not support the audio or video format 'undf'".

The log for the Bluecherry client shows the following on the playback attempt:

1. MediaDownload: started for QUrl( "https://1.2.3.4:7001/media/request.php?id=3" )

2. VideoHttpBuffer: started

3. state change 2

4. MediaDownload: launching new request after seek

5. MediaDownload: launching new request after seek

6. MediaDownload: launching new request after seek

7. MediaDownload: launching new request after seek

8. MediaDownload: launching new request after seek

9. gstreamer: Error: Could not determine type of stream.

10. gstreamer: Debug: gsttypefindelement.c(990): gst_type_find_element_activate (): /GstPipeline:stream/GstDecodeBin2:decoder/GstTypeFindElement:typefind

On the other system viewing the event video works fine, as does opening the saved file in VLC.

The odd thing is that this faulty installation did work initially. At some point it just stopped, however.

I have done "apt-get --purge remove bluecherry" then reinstalled--twice--with no change in this behavior. The server log doesn't show anything that sticks out as obvious.

Any ideas what might be causing my setup to seemingly record an improper video stream? I'm happy to provide more logging, etc.

Thank you,

John

Login or Signup to post a comment