Start a new topic

CentOS 7 - Issues with experimental RPM packages

Hey Guys,

Since we are 95% a Redhat shop I figured I would throw a test server up based on your new experimental RPM package version. I haven't spent much time with it but I have found a couple things you may or may not be aware of.

1. The configuration UI - Shows "Server process stopped." yet it is running.

2. I have not been able to get the RTSP stream from the 2 test cameras I have. Currently I only have a couple Ubuiquity AirCams to test with here at the shop. I have verified via VLC that the stream is available at rtsp://<camera ip>:554/live/ch00_0

3. Even with correct directory path owner/permissions, I get an error when attempting to change or add a different storage location. I tried a quick workaround by just replacing the recordings folder with a symlink however I don't have any video to write there to test since I don't have an operation video stream. Below is the UI error I receive.

==========

Specified directory exists, but is not readable, please make sure that the server has permissions to access it by running these commands in the terminal:

To set permissions run: "sudo chmod 750 /var/lib/bluecherry/recordings; sudo chown bluecherry.bluecherry -R /var/lib/bluecherry/recordings".

==========

4. I haven't checked if this is the same in the Ubuntu version however when entering the Playback section in the WebUI the left navigation menu disappears. I have to right click "back" to return to the settings with navigation.

That's about all I know so far. When I get some time I will continue to poke around and let you know if I find anything else not working. I will be awesome to have a CentOS version I can use moving forward.

Collin

Login or Signup to post a comment