Start a new topic

Problems with playback through client? Ubuntu 14.04

I made the mistake of upgrading from 12.xx to 14.04 last night, mostly because when I logged into shell, it warned me that security updates were ending very soon.

So, after fixing the bluecherry server, (blank page problem) I went on to have problems with the client.

I have the client running on the same machine as the server. When I try to pull up a recorded event, the machine hangs. Load spikes, you can't ssh in, can't switch to a tty. At one point, it updated and showed the load average at around 36. I let it sit, it took about 40 minutes to finally come back down. Video never played. I was finally able to kill the client pid, and the machine went back to normal.

Looking at dmesg, the only thing I see that seems odd is MySQL reporting a OOM (out of memory) issue.

Specifically...

[ 492.418483] mysqld invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x201da, order=0, oom_score_adj=0

also...

[ 492.418804] Out of memory: Kill process 2681 (bluecherry-clie) score 887 or sacrifice child

[ 492.418806] Killed process 2681 (bluecherry-clie) total-vm:10868296kB, anon-rss:3363084kB, file-rss:0kB

Any ideas? I seriously considered a format and re-install..

Login or Signup to post a comment